Last update: August 22, 2023
Your privacy is of paramount importance to ClicData SAS. ClicData SAS, a French company and our affiliates around the world, referred to collectively in this policy as “ClicData, “we”, “us” or “our.” Our affiliates are:
- ClicData LLC (USA)
- ClicData Inc. (USA)
- ClicData (Canada)
- ClicData (UK)
ClicData provides a cloud-based service (the “Service”), which is a Data Management, Analytics and Reporting Platform for storing, processing, interfacing and visualizing data via our web, API and mobile applications.
We fully respect your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with the Service and are committed to being transparent in our dealings with you as to what personal information we will collect and how we will use your personal information. Also, we only collect and use personal information that is necessary for providing Service and where we have a lawful basis to do so.
- Website Information means information collected while viewing pages on our websites, information you have entered in our contact, download documents, employment forms or other forms, referral URLs and IP address and similar data tracked internally as well as by third parties.
- Account Related Information means contact information, payment information, and biographical information about our customers’ representatives and contacts used for marketing, opening new user accounts to use our Services, and to maintain existing accounts.
- Account Content Data is the data that you or your users that have the permissions to do so, upload, connect, transfer, enter or import into ClicData for the purposes of utilizing or Service.
Our website and Services are intended for use by business professionals and adults. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under 13 years of age however we do make our services available for academic institutions.
Web Site Cookies
A cookie is a small file placed onto your browser that enables us to enhance your experience on ClicData websites and application by remembering your preferences and settings.
ClicData Cookies are used to store the preferred/selected web site language, the web site that referred the visitor, a unique identifier that can be traced back to the session in the application for activity reporting or to predefined defaults such as region and language preferences.
Our web site uses Google Analytics using Tag Manager which tracks visitors, their page to page activity and duration of each page. We use these cookies to improve our web site in content and organization and to index it preferentially in Google search.
Our web site uses a HubSpot cookie and script that tracks visitors to the page but does not identify them specifically. It tracks the IP address.
Web Site Forms
Web Site Forms are used to allow visitors to contact sales staff for commercial questions, employment inquires, and to forward requests for additional information or documents on related topics.
Each form, depending on its use, will collect Name, Email, Telephone and typically the question, request or needed information. These will be stored in our CRM to provide the necessary information.
Retargeting via Pixels
Our website also uses Facebook, LinkedIn and Google pixels for the purpose of retargeting website visitors via paid advertising on platforms including:
The pixels collect the following information:
- Http Headers – This information may include data like IP addresses, information about the web browser, page location, document, referrer and person using the website.
- Pixel-specific Data – Includes Pixel ID and the Facebook Cookie.
- Button Click Data – Includes any buttons clicked by site visitors, the labels of those buttons and any pages visited as a result of the button clicks.
- Optional Values –Example custom data events are conversion value, page type and more.
- Form Field Names – Includes website field names like
quantity, etc., for when you purchase a product or service.
The URL, referrer, IP address, device and browser characteristics (User Agent), and timestamp.
The AdRoll Pixel collects the following types of data on any page where the pixel loads:
- HTTP headers
- Advertiser specific data
- Site Activity
- User identifier
- Additional optional values
We reserve the right to turn any or all of the pixels off at any point.
Account Owner Data
Users subscribing for the trial and/or paying subscriptions are required to enter a valid email address, first and last name, business name and telephone as per Terms of Service. Users not wishing to enter the above information correctly are not allowed to use our Service. This information is collected and stored with the account to provide notifications of changes of service, and to identify the owner of the account in case of data breach, data misuse, or other topics as it relates to the use of the Service.
Account User Data
The contents of the data are not ClicData's responsibility nor are we able to interpret this data, its origins and it use. When account access is given, our responsibility lies in assist our customers resolve their issue.
We do not transmit, copying or moving data from the original data center region to any other region or database. We do not allow access to the data except to Microsoft Azure technical support staff in case of system or database issues and always supervised by ClicData staff.
Account Payment Data
The Account Primary Owner, upon using our paid services must add a payment method. The payment method when PayPal or Credit Card is not stored in our databases and it is managed by Braintree a service of PayPal with registered office in L-1150 Luxembourg.
ClicData renews its PCI-DSS certification on a yearly basis.
All other data such as; company name, billing address, VAT/TVA or tax identification numbers, company identifiers are required for accounting practices and used as such.
We use LinkedIn matched audiences for advertising purposes in two different ways:
- Using company names that we have gathered (a non-individually identifiable data point)
USE OF COLLECTED DATA
Data collected from the web site is used in optimizing the web site by changing structure and content.
Data from forms such as Contact Us, Employment, Vision and Roadmap, Blog Signup, Download Assets such as Whitepapers and Documents are used to provide the required information to the requester.
Data from the account users are used to send product newsletters, system notifications, alerts, publications as scheduled by the users or by the system as needed such as but not exclusive to, reset password, system thresholds, payment and invoices, new product releases, updates or down times, security alerts, and similar alerts.
YOUR CHOICES AND PRIVACY RIGHTS
Marketing Communications and Subscriptions
If you receive marketing-related communications from us, you can unsubscribe at anytime from future marketing-related communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link”. Please note that even though you have opted-out from receiving marketing-related communications from us, if you have an active account on our platform, you will still receive communications from the platform, and you cannot opt out from receiving these messages.
Access and Correction
You have the right to access and correct personal information that we have collected from you. You may exercise this right by contacting us as indicated in the “Questions and Contact”. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to implement your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We reserve the right to refuse to act on a request that is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example because it is repetitive).
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you:
- the right of access to Personal Information relating to you: You can ask us for a copy of information about you in a readable format;
- the right to correct any mistakes in your Personal Information: You can edit some of the information about you. You can also ask us to change, update information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate;
- the right to object and ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing: You can customize your email preferences and unsubscribe to some or all marketing email lists (example: unsubscribe to Webinar invitations and/or to our Product Newsletters);
- rights in relation to automated data processing;
- the right to opt-out of our use of your personal information: You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by ClicData;
- the right to restrict or prevent your Personal Information being processed: You can ask us to limit our use of Personal Information (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate);
- the right to have your Personal Information ported to another data controller;
- the right to erasure all or some Personal Information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it); and
- the right to complain to the DPC if you believe we have not handled your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
If you are a user working on behalf of an existing ClicData customer, and we have your Account-Related Information under an agreement with that customer, we have a legitimate interest to send you electronic communications/direct marketing in connection with the Service and related matters (which may include but shall not be limited to newsletters, announcement of new features etc.). We may also ask you different questions for different services, including competitions. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at one of available numbers o the website. You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the electronic communication. It may take up to 15 days for this to take place; and let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK
Because you have the choice to store the data in a data center within the EU or the US, we do not adhere to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield as it does not apply. Your data, if you store it in EU will remain in the EU. It is therefore your responsibility to select the data region applicable for your data or your customers' data.
Account Information and other Personal Information will be kept and stored for such period of time as we deem necessary taking into account the business purpose for which it was collected in the first instance (i.e. the administration of Your Account for as long as Your Account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate Your Account), and our obligations under applicable data protection law.
This may include retaining Account Related Information or other Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services.
Where we retain Personal Information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Service, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT
If you need to contact us with regard to any of your rights as set out in this Policy, all such requests should be made in writing by email to email@example.com.
Once we receive a privacy complaint, our privacy team will investigate your complaint and give you a response. We will need sufficient information from you for us to evaluate your complaint and, as a result, we may request that you give us additional information that we believe is necessary to assess your complaint.
Dispute resolution proceedings will be in English.